Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bronx Skyscrapers

Default Bronx Skyscrapers

Hey.. how come no one ever talks about Bronx skyscrapers? *snif* :cry: We're all left alone... in the dark... with no friends!!

We don't have a Brooklyn or a Queens section either. Instead of whining, you could take pictures and gather information. :idea: :!:

Default Re: Bronx Skyscrapers

Quote Originally Posted by DaCrystallineAngel79
    Hey.. how come no one ever talks about Bronx skyscrapers? *snif* :cry: We're all left alone... in the dark... with no friends!!
    Well hey, there ain't no Upper Manhattan section. No one ever talks about the skyscrapers there. Then again there aren't to many. :?

Bronx skyscrapers are dark. They are colorless, massive, and unimaginative.

Thus, they are awesome.

HONG KONG (ORIGINALLY FROM THE PHILIPPINES)

Most Bronx skyscrapers that I know are mostly high-rise housing projects. Honestly, I don't find them that fascinating but some of the projects are strange and have misguided design like this one,

Not familiar with said skyscrapers in The Bronx...eager to learn however!!! NYC is THE place for skyscrapers...all of you who live there are VERY fortunate to be in the greatest city on earth...no matter what they build it should stay within the confines of the great achitectural styles...Art Deco (Chrysler building) Neo-Gothic (55 Central Park West)...also the building used in the outside shots in "Ghostbusters" Cheers!

HONG KONG (ORIGINALLY FROM THE PHILIPPINES)

Tribeca, the place for skyscrapers? There's Hong Kong as well! And to us, it's the greatest city in the world! Well that's my opinion! Everyone has it's own opinion!

Forum Veteran

This is a New York forum...

Anyway, I find Bronx skyscrapers in general to be, yes, massive and intimidating. This can be both good and bad.

The Bronx also has I believe a 17 story office building somewhere.

yeah supremo, not very wise to bash NYC in an NYC forum. But then its an opinion, so I guess it's okay

Quote Originally Posted by Gulcrapek
    This is a New York forum...

Anyway, I find Bronx skyscrapers in general to be, yes, massive and intimidating. This can be both good and bad.

The Bronx also has I believe a 17 story office building somewhere.
    Really? Would that be the Emmigrant Savings Bank Building?

Banned Member

New York Skyscrapers and Architecture forum has always sort of implied the New York Metro Area. I think the Bronx posts are received well in this section with the usual levels of response based on level of interest.

Not the metropolitan area, the five boroughs.

The projects with the buttresses are the Morrisania Air Rights:

Their design is indeed misguided, not only because it is of the tower-in-the-park type but because the buttresses were used by burglars to hide while breaking in. This was remedied with the addition of protruding glass shelters providing larger viewing angles to entries, which has a dissuasive effect. Many towers in the Bronx have odd, seemingly uncompromising sculptural shapes.

Public housing today generally is built in public/private partnerships and resembles this:

Plain conventional townhouses. That is the first "green" public housing in the nation however, part of the Melrose Commons development, which includes this award-winning design. (This is nearby.)

The two tallest pairs of Bronx highrises are actually not public housing, and they have interesting designs.

Some say Co-op City looks just like Hong Kong.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Wieland
    Not the metropolitan area, the five boroughs.
    Well, unless the Jersey side of the Hudson has been integrated into the five boroughs, it seems posts in "skyscrapers and architecture" deal with the metro area.

Notice the New York Metro section.

Forum Veteran

As stated before, there are also many beautiful prewar buildings along the Grand Concourse.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast