Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire State Building - 350 Fifth Avenue @ 34th Street - by Shreve, Lamb and Harmon

Default Empire State Building - 350 Fifth Avenue @ 34th Street - by Shreve, Lamb and Harmon

I took a picture of ESB on the way to QNS MoMA; I added 7 old pictures to the thread.

Empire State Building at the end of 47th Avenue in Queens. 5 January 2003.

Empire State Building and Schwartz Chemical Factory in Queens West. 23 February 2002.

The view of Empire State Building from Queens West. 23 February 2002.

The view on Queens West development and Empire State Building from the Long Island Expressway.

The view of Empire State Building from across Hudson River, from Lincoln Harbor.

The view of Manhattan from Grand Ferry Park with Empire State Building.

Newtown Creek in Queens and Empire State Building. 3 March 2002.

The view of Empire State Building from World Trade Center Observatory.

Default Empire State Building

*That last picture was a nice touch.

Edward, great pics. I haven't been on the forum that long, so these are all new to me. Thought I'd toss out my thoughts on a few pics!

#1) I love cloudy days like this! To me, the one that screams out "Gotham" the most - having the ESB line up with the street didn't hurt

#4) Nice shot of Queens West. I'm guessing the building u/c will be about as tall as citylights when completed.

#5) You can see the new 425 5th and the Pennmark apartment towers in this shot. I haven't been this way in ages, but the new additions are not that inspiring

#6) What building is that u/c on the far right?

#8) Very nice looking, but sad shot, in my opinion. I hadn't been up there since the late 80's. I hope that I can take my kids someday up this high in lower Manhattan and point out all the buildings to them....

Sad shot, maybe, but I like the collage. * I think that it is a fitting bookend. *I will never forget! *Why should we forget?

Still the king, tallest or not....

Forum Veteran

That last photo is the same as the photo link to Wired New York home. *But still, it's nice to see it larger and more detailed. *Thanks, Edward

It must have been taken shortly before 9/11...Bear Sterns was either complete or very close to completion.

That second to the last photo, taken at night is quite nice, very Gotham.

That last photo is sad... and the blue face on the billboard over to the right is creepy!

Different viewpoints of the Empire State Building. Its interesting to see ESB from the freeway in Queens. The last photo is sad , because World Trade Center is gone now.

Forum Veteran

I agree, Ptar. *That last photo really makes me regret having never gone to the top of the WTC.

...well I went once, about seven years ago. *I was about ten, so I don't remember much, other than it was a cloudy day and getting a bad sense of vertigo when I looked out an 80th floor window.

And then there were those displays above the elevator door inside the car which showed funny stick figures looking squashed or elongated. *It was supposed to simulate how people feel as the elevator went up or down.

Those're great pictures. How do you post pictures anyhow?

It's always I'm not sure how to describe it, different, to see a picture of or from the WTC. I remember a few months ago I saw a website that used to have a web cam on the observation deck of the WTC. It wasn't updated for a long time and hadn't mentioned anything about Sept.11, from what I can remember. The screen of the webcam was blank.

A repeat of the recent post: The Empire State Building in blue and green colors on the occasion of 110th Anniversary of the National Council of Jewish Women. The view from the 64th floor of the GE Building. 8 December 2003.

The Empire State in Christmas colors, with Hudson River Park waterfront and Perry West condominiums.

Perfect shot of the building...

best. building. ever.

Thanks for the great pics!

She's definitely one of the finest - takes to the sky like a rocket, every inch proud and soaring...

And she sure does put that "Freedom Tower" (and most of the other plans for Ground Zero) to shame....

Art Deco rules!

Forum Veteran

That's an interesting shot, reminds me a little of a Dutch jagged street grid or something with the centerpiece sandwiched... if that made sense.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast