Thread: Milan Condominiums - 300 East 55th Street - Midtown East - by SLCE

Default Milan Condominiums - 300 East 55th Street - Midtown East - by SLCE

I think it's called "The Malta" or "The Marin" or something similar. Not sure how tall it will be.

The Milan. 993-997 3rd Avenue and this are two different towers.

http://www.milancondominium.com

This article appeared in the Oct. 29th NY Post.
    15 DEALS INKED AT RISING MILAN

By LOIS WEISS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIRST LOOK: The new Milan tower, shown in the rendering above, is going up at East 55th Street and Second Avenue.
    - SLCE Architects
    Email Archives
    Print Reprint

October 29, 2003 -- INTERESTED apartment hunters are lining up to get a closer look at the Milan, a new condo tower now rising from the ground at East 55th and Second Avenue.
    The building, designed by Peter Claman of SLCE Architects, is being developed on the former site of the El Morocco night club by the World-wide Group. Its chairman, former architect Victor Elmaleh, had a hand in the curtain wall design.

Company president James Stanton told us the firm has been "inundated" with area residents who want to upgrade to the new condo.

In six weeks of marketing the 119 mostly two-bedroom residences, 15 contracts have been signed and 11 are out for signature.

Prices run from under $700,000 for a one-bedroom to $7 million for the full 32nd-floor penthouse, which that comes with three fireplaces and outdoor space.

The lobby and atrium club room are designed by Jay Valgora of V Studio. The adjoining outdoor bamboo garden was designed by Ken Smith, who is also creating the gardens at the new MoMA and the residences at Time Warner Center.

Forum Veteran

I didn't even know it was u/c...

Forum Veteran

The curtain wall is certainly unique for a residential tower. Very dark, mullioned glass; quite interesting.

I would agree. The unique curtain wall makes it wery distinctive for a residential tower.

Bleh. I think they chose this color glass to mask the exposed floor plates. 310 and the upcoming Veneto look much better.

Default Interested in Milan

Hello all,

I have been a long time reader of this forum and value the input and honest opinion of everyone, especially the regulars. I am looking to purchase at the Milan and this seems to be the only forum thread that discusses this building directly.

I have looked at many of the new developments in the Turtle Bay area as well as Midtown East and SoFi and am having a tough time convincing myself that the price is worth the product. What is your opinion of this building (i.e. construction quality, value, devlopers etc.) in relation to other new development in those areas? Has anyone seen the inside? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

G