Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Times Square Tower - 7 Times Square / 42nd @ B'way & 7th Ave - by S.O.M.

Default Times Square Tower - 7 Times Square / 42nd @ B'way & 7th Ave - by S.O.M.

2 February 2002 pictures of Times Square Tower at 7 Times Square

Default Times Square Tower (10 Times Square)

Still not much above ground...
    Is it where the big BA Concorde used to be ?

Yes, but since it wasn't Air France...no big loss.

Totally agree.
    I would have shed a few nervous tears and be mad at NY for at least... 15 minutes probably.

The steel beams of the seventh floor of Times Square Tower in front of the Bush Tower. The view from 41st Street on 8 June 2002.

42nd Street side of 7 Times Square and 5 Times Square on 5 October 2002.

Times Square Tower rises above 1 Times Square Building on 12 October 2002. The view from Times Square along Seventh Avenue.

Beautiful picture.
    I like the Blade Runner ambiance.
    And the progress at Times Square Tower is spectacular too.

Looking at Times Square buildings from New York Passenger Ship Terminal. The 1 Astor Plaza Building, on the left, was erected in 1970. The high-tech skyscraper in the center is Conde Nast (4 Times Square), it appeared on New York skyline in 1999. The Reuters Building came in 2001. The architect of Reuters and Conde Nast, standing across the street from each other, is Fox & Fowle. The tropical tower with unfinished roof on the right is Westin New York at Times Square Hotel that will soon open its doors to New York visitors. The hotel was built on the site of a stip club, in a effort to make 42nd Street tourist friendly. The glass tower behind the hotel with the logo EY on top is Ernst & Young National Headquarters (5 Times Square); construction nears completion. The steel beams of 7 Times Square, a.k.a. Times Square Tower, rise between Reuters and Ernst & Young buildings. The pictures was taken on 5 October 2002.

Great pictures Edward! *I love how Times Square Tower encloses Times Square and makes 1 Times Square stand out against a new modern skyscraper. *Maybe not great design, okay though, and beneficial in creating a sense of place. *Didn't KPF design 5 Times Square though?

Seventh Avenue, The Park Central Hotel, and the construction of 7 Times Square on 13 November 2002.

I like the enclosure that this building will provide, but the architecture leaves something to be desired for. Conde Nast raised the bar, but 5 and 10 Times Square will probably be looked at as designs of our tech obsessed society. 20 years from now, I don't think these will be looked back with the fondness that we show Citicorp or the WFC, but the "blade runner" effect is quite evident in the October 12th pic.

Who designed this building again? Was it David Childs? I'd like to see the view from Jersey of this going up. Something tells me this will be like 5 Times Square in that the view down 7th Ave of it will be much better than the view of it from across the river.

Forum Veteran

I'm really excited about the construction of TSQ Tower, but it'd really be cool if it were a thousand-footer. *Regardless, it's a great design.

I agree it's the perfect spot for a thousand footer, but I'll take it.

Whoever stated the informantion about the "bladerunner" effect on the November 12 pic, you are absolutely right. The overcast skies and dementions of the street give it that type of effect.

That was me.
    I'm so proud!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast