Thread: Various Room Rentals Starting @ $125.00 by Various Agencies

Default Various Room Rentals Starting @ $125.00 by Various Agencies

I am moving back to NYC after a two year absence. I am considering using one of these agencies, such as: Delta Room Rentals, NYC Rooms For Rent Inc, for a short term living until I find employment. Has anyone ever used one of these agencies or knows someone who did? What was the experience like? Would you or they recommend it for a short term situation?

Is this a spam thing or something, second time a fresh poster puts up stuff like this?

On the assumption it is not intended as spam; if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

But nobody ever replies with a good review. if it's spam to push cheap digs then the spammer better learn some new tricks.

Default Not spamming, truthfully inquiring about room rentals room $125.00

I was acutually inquring about these services. I was not spamming or advertising.

Default Temp Room Rentals

Ummm - I was actually wondering the same thing about these temp housing services...I'm also looking for a temporary living situation.

Has anyone ever dealt with Delta? They keep popping up in Google searches, Craig's List...and, well, I've already been scammed on Craig's List once already!

Anyone? There MUST be a consumer report out there somewhere....

P.S. I just found this article: http://ask.metafilter.com/45652/NYC-...n-a-shoestring
    Last edited by quixotic; May 27th, 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Found supporting information

I posted a response to a question about Delta Rentals here.

My original concerns about their website have not changed. Still no activity since one entry on March 01. That's a warning sign for me.

Call them at 212.862.0457, or better if you're in the area, go to their office.
    3668 Broadway (152 St).

Smile I disagree with all you..Some agencies do work

I tried a couple of those agencies in New York,one of them did not scam me but they gave me a hard time finding me a room. I went back home (Texas)then I came back and used Delta room rentals and they got me the room that Im staying now pretty quickly. I believe their address is on 3644 Broadway. But is true you need to be aware of all the scam their is especially in craigslist.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but "vouchers" from 1 post accounts do not give much credibility to it for me.