Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best place to stay in Manhattan

Default best place to stay in Manhattan

Im heading up to NyC on December 19th-23rd with my 17 yr old daughter and would like your opinion on where to stay close to times square

and of course has to be a good deal

thank you

One suggestion would be the Crowne Plaza Hotel, located on Broadway and West 49th Street right off Times Square. Of course, there are many hotels in the area.

http://www.timessquarehotelservice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
    One suggestion would be the Crowne Plaza Hotel, located on Broadway and West 49th Street right off Times Square. Of course, there are many hotels in the area.

http://www.timessquarehotelservice.com/
    I am heading to NYC during late July 2009 with my relatives.

We stayed in the Westin Times Square a bit pricey but imo worth it
    good service-clean-safe-central-The higher you go the better the views - . We had our 3 kids with us so for our first visit we felt we needed the "base" to retire to for the evening

Default best places to stay in Manhattan

I will be with my relatives walking through Central Park during early August 2009.

Banned Member

I recommend running your room search andposting the results. We'll give you feed back on the hotels returning the top ten rates you get.

One place you should NOT stay is the Hotel Carter...

Default This is a useful resource...

The only hotel I've been to in Manhattan is the Comfort Inn, Central Park; located on 71st just west of Central Park West (8th Ave). While it's not right in Times Square, it's pretty close and is next to Central Park, and the area is safe. The hotel is nothing fancy but was clean and comfortable - no bugs - the first thing I check for when entering a room. The rooms with a single double bed are very small, and the corner ones with kings are preferred (and more expensive). After returning to the hotel late after a long night, the lock broke so that the door would not open from the outside. We had the inconvenience of being temporarily placed in a different room for several hours without any of our stuff - in the end we were refunded for that day.

There's a bed bug problem in many NYC hotels - both in higher-class hotels as well as in economy establishments. The main problem is that in recent years, pest control companies have turned to more environmentally friendly products to control roaches and other pests. The downside is that these new chemicals are not as effective on bed bugs, and unchecked their population has skyrocketed.
    http://www.bedbugregistry.com/

Bed bug reports in Times Square area hotels:
    http://www.bedbugregistry.com/hotel/...k-Times-Square

I was surprised to see the Westin has bed bugs - it's very upscale and brand new. But it is next to the Hotel Carter that tone99loc has warned about:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationP....html#18919094
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels

- bill
    Last edited by bill schintler; February 25th, 2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: additional content

Thanks very very much for 2 website that and 1 webstie does not work on AOL. I won't stay at Hotel Carter.

Default Best places to stay In Manhattan

Hey all - relatively new to this forum but thought i'd get stuck in seen as I reckon I could help you all out. Check this out Gekko profiles your personality, then recommends your perfect bars and restaurants! Its just fantastic - used it one too many times to book my trip and i've always come back a happier person

Quote Originally Posted by raycanales View Post
    Im heading up to NyC on December 19th-23rd with my 17 yr old daughter and would like your opinion on where to stay close to times square

and of course has to be a good deal

thank you
    I like the Spot 5th Avenue for friends coming and who want a bargain but its about 10 minutes from Times Square by subway.

If you have the cash stay here

Banned Member

If money is not an issue, I'd say stay over at The Royalton. Close enough to Times Square without being in it.

Other hotels on the square include, Embassy Suites, Hilton Times Square on 42nd Street; Crown Plaza, Millennium Hotel, Renaissance Hotel, Westin Times Square.

I still like the Royalton better.

To be fair, I wouldn't recommend staying too close to Times Square at all. Walking distances are short all over Manhattan, and the crowd at Times Square is best visited when you can walk away.

It's really hard to recommend a hotel in NYC unless you're willing to give some budget guidelines to go by.

My father and I have finally decided to go to NYC. After looking at the Sheraton and several other hotels in Midtown and discovering the reports of bed bugs, we've decided to steer clear of them. We were interested in the Waldorf Astoria until we saw that even the lobby had a dress code. Let's face it. We're tourists. We will be wearing jeans and t-shirts at least part of the time. So we went back and looked at the hotel we had originally planned on staying at - the Millennium Hilton. Anyone stayed there before? Any horrible stories?

Banned Member

Thumbs up

A very good choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast